Super Moderator

Name: David

Year: 2010
Model: Ram 1500 CC Sport
Engine: 5.7L Hemi

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BMRbrnSNRbrd
Default Las Vegas

Made it to Las Vegas. Trip went really well, even considering the kiddo and that we did a 15 hour stretch the first day so we could stay in Flagstaff, AZ (I really believe I was meant to live there.)

Couple things to mention...

First, the truck did awesome on gas. We were getting between 20 and 22 mpg at any given time (that's hand calculated) and we were getting 550 miles per tank!

Also, Fukken is the SHIT for getting bugs off. Our first stop was in Shamrock, TX for breakfast (after leaving home at 4am, so we were doing a lot of driving at night) and I noticed I must have hit some freaking birds with all shit on the front of the truck. My wife said I was ridiculous, but I whipped out a couple of my crummy microfibers and my Fukken wax (brought two cans ) and cleaned all the gunk off so it didn't bake on for the next 48+ hours.

And the last part...backstory: I am notorious for not only speeding on road trips because I'm anxious to get where I'm going, but getting pulled over as well. This time, despite the 75 mph speed limits, I had the truck stuck at 72 (with cruise control) because that's where I got the best gas mileage.

Anyway, we leave our hotel in Flagstaff and were on the road about 40 minutes when I pass an Arizona Highway Patrol (or whatever they're called) and go to slow down because I'm used to speeding. I even made a comment about that to my wife. Anyway, next thing I know I see him coming up along side me...dropping back to my rear bumper...and then getting behind me. Sure as shit he pulled my ass over. I told my wife "I would love to know what this shit is about."

The guy walks up after I've shut down the truck and dropped all four windows (like I said, I know the tricks to being pulled over) and asks for my license and insurance. I told him he could have it when he told what he was pulling me over for. He says, "Well sir, you have especially dark tint." WHAT THE FUCK!!! After this, I play along knowing that I won't allow him to search or any of that shit because he doesn't really have probable cause to pull me over anyway. He asks me, "Do you know what percentage your tint is?" I just told him I knew it was "dark." He pulls out some fancy ass thing and asks me to roll the window up a bit. He sticks it on as he tells me that the law in Arizona requires 33% or lighter (why do I give a flying fuck buddy...I'm not from here) and tells me it's at 4% (no shit...I said it was dark.) Anyway, he tries to play the nice guy and say he won't give me a "Repair citation" (Fucking try buddy) and just a warning.

So, basically, who the fuck gets pulled over while NOT speeding out of state for window tint (a law that doesn't apply unless your vehicle is registered in whatever state) and gets a warning for it? ME, that's who. I'm half tempted to write a letter, but I don't want to waste the ink or time.

Oh, and he even "took the time" to look up the Oklahoma law and made sure to tell me that it's 25%...try and enforce that shit from Arizona hoss. I just want you guys to know that I have the upmost respect for all law enforcement officers, but this shit cut right through that.

Oh, I'm going to clean the truck up in the next couple days and then get some BADASS pics of my truck in Vegas.

BMRbrnSNRbrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
Fukken Headlight Admin

Name: Jeremy

Model: Ram 1500 Crew 4x4
Engine: 5.7 HEMI

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 0212353 Send a message via MSN to 0212353 Send a message via Yahoo to 0212353

Fukken kicks ass, cops on the other hand............lol

Fükken Wax - Join our Fükken Facebook page!
0212353's Retro Shop - HID Retro's - PICS!

0212353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:11 PM   #3
myoung84

Name: Morgan

Year: 08/10
Model: Charger SRT8/Ram 1500
Engine: 6.1L/5.7L

Garage

I hate cops! Looking forward to some Vegas pics! We were there last year and had a great time.
Mopar T Handle Shifter | BakFlip G2 Tonneau Cover | BedRug | Mopar Electric Tailgate Lock | Shorty Antenna
Viper 5701 Alarm | Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD Headunit | Infinity Reference Speakers | Alpine MRP-F300 Amp
Alpine MRP-M500 Amp | Alpine 10" Type R Sub | Custom Fiberglass Enclosure

2008 Charger SRT8 Super Bee #139 of 1000
Stock 6.1L Hemi | Navigation | Sunroof | Remote Start | Magnaflow Exhaust | DiabloSport Predator

myoung84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:59 PM   #4
ramthis9501

Name: Colton

Year: 2001
Model: Ram
Engine: 5.2 V8

Awesome man glad you made it, as for the cop he needs to find a new job if thata all he does... pulling people over for stupid stuff. Anyway have a good time in Vegas, cant wait to see the pics!

01 Ram 1500 - 318CI - Glasspack - Dual Magnaflow Exhaust - CAI - Blacked Out Taillights - LED Taillight Bar - Debadged - HID's - Infinity Sub - JVC KD-ADP89 - Blacked Out Wheels and more to come
ramthis9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
matt

Name: Matt

Year: 2006
Engine: 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramthis9501 View Post
Awesome man glad you made it, as for the cop he needs to find a new job if thata all he does... pulling people over for stupid stuff. Anyway have a good time in Vegas, cant wait to see the pics!
i will say that i know several cops and they do this just to make sure everything is ok a buddy of mine has arrested several people for dui's or drug possession on stupid things like tint or loud stereos etc most are just using that as a reason to make sure nothing more serious is going on and don't ever write a ticket for those violations

on a side not last year when i went to cali i had the same experience with a CHP he tried to write me for too dark of tint, no front license plate, no registration (i've never been asked for anything other than insurance and DL in oklahoma so i don't make it a necessity to have it in the truck) and tinted tail-lights .... i told him i wasn't going to accept any citations from his state unless it was a moving violation he called his superior and they let me go i wasn't rude or anything because i know thats his job but damn lol don't pull me over just because my shit looks good lol
matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
oklahemi

Name: michael

Year: 04
Model: dodge ram

gotta lover out of state leo's. be safe buddy

Oedipus was the first mother fucker
oklahemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:40 AM   #7
Shaggy
Administrator

Name: Bryan

Year: 2009
Model: Town & Country
Engine: v6

So you still in Vegas? Flagstaff is pretty nice isn't it
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #8
BMRbrnSNRbrd
Super Moderator

Name: David

Model: Ram 1500 CC Sport
Engine: 5.7L Hemi

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to BMRbrnSNRbrd

No, I'm home and back at work. Flagstaff is amazing.

BMRbrnSNRbrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:27 PM   #9
matt

Name: Matt

Year: 2006

ha why do we feel the need to take pictures of cops when they pull us over? lol this is when i was in cali
matt is offline   Reply With Quote