PDA

View Full Version : Salt on truck question

Noved
01-28-2011, 09:53 PM
How long do I have until it eats away at my clear coat? Starting to grow concern because I have been really busy lately and get irritated at myself for not spraying it with a high pressure hose. I posted this on another forum but always good to get more answers. (No offense to anyone) :)

myoung84
01-28-2011, 10:06 PM
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I try to at least take mine through the no touch auto was to rinse it off at about once a week or so until it clears up enough for a good wash.

01-29-2011, 12:24 AM
You'll be fine......I need to get that shit off of mine too. :(

oklahemi
01-29-2011, 01:06 AM
i run mine through the car wash every tuesday. the delux wash is only 5.00 on tues and it makes me feel a little better. today was so damn nice out, i think we were in the upper 60s. i was too busy enjoying it to wash my baby though

yomenow
01-30-2011, 10:48 PM
You'll be fine......I need to get that shit off of mine too. :(

Yeah Jeremy I saw Princess was kinda dirty next to my clean Princess the other day .. hehehehe....

I take my Princess to the carwash every week and rinse her off no matter what... as long as its about 25 outside I can handle it :D

Yo

01-31-2011, 12:28 AM
yeah.......she's a mess. I need to get off my ass and at least rinse her off. :D

Noved
01-31-2011, 12:36 AM
Called the Detail Department at work and they took care of my rig for me. In return all I have to is air up their tires and fill up their washer fluid when needed. :)

I like it when things work out because then everyone is happy.

01-31-2011, 12:43 AM
I miss working at a dealership............

I used to wash my car 3x a week during my lunch break.

BMRbrnSNRbrd
01-31-2011, 09:01 AM
When this stuff hits I'm going to at least go spray it down once a week.

Bigtman07
01-31-2011, 02:49 PM
In the winter I try not to wash it. Cause salt and water mixed makes rust. So the less water that touches the salt the less chance of rust. IMO

Laramie1997
02-02-2011, 05:39 PM
In the winter I try not to wash it. Cause salt and water mixed makes rust. So the less water that touches the salt the less chance of rust. IMO

Yea, the problem with that thought is that at some point, you will be running into some wet stuff with a higher salt to water ratio than what you leave behind at a car wash.

In mine, I don't let it go more than two days if it's got salt all over it. I get more concerned about the undercarriage than anything, but the paint is an issue as well. As long as you stay waxed up on the paint, there will be little issue, but that undercarriage has no protection and needs cleaned off.

Noved
02-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Well since I had some fun in the snow its completely covered with salt. The truck does have a rust warranty so if anything happens its covered. :) They are going to be salting the roads again for this weekends snow storm. Only a few days after the blizzard and it will be like beating a dead horse with a stick to try and wash it off now. I did however manage to get the salt I had on before off.

EDIT: At least that is what Chrysler did for a Costumer the other day when his frame rusted out completely at 40k miles.